Today we are going to see an excellent and authentic recipe which was well known to all as King of the main course It is an all time favorite recipe and royal recipe of all the recipes - Hyderabadi Chicken dum biryani’. Many of the individuals think it is a very tough task to prepare at home but we have given a very simple procedure that can be done in home as in restaurant style.
Difficulty level: Medium Difficulty
Serves : 4
Duration: 90 Minutes
- 1/2 kg Chicken with bone
- 1/2 Kg Basmati Rice
- 3 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tspn red chilli powder
- 2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp dhania powder
- Salt sufficient for taste
- 2 onions sliced very finely
- 2 tspn green chilli paste (make a thin paste of 5 green chillies)
- Yogurt 2 cups
- Coriander 1 bunch
- Mint leaves 1/2 bunch
- shageera-1/2 tsp
- Bay leaves-2
- oil 1 cup
- ghee 1/2 cup
Take a deep bowl add chicken to it and add ginger garlic paste to the chicken pieces. Add the following spices one by one to the chicken pieces, 2 tspns of lemon juice,turmeric powder,red chilli powder,green chilli paste, garmamamasala powder,salt,dhania powder,coriander and mint leaves,yougurt and mix very well and keep in refregirator for 40 mins.
Procedure to Make Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani :
- After washing the rice properly add water to the rice and soak it for 20 mins.
- Take a pan, heat ghee and add onions. fry them till dark brown colour. Set a side and then now in the rest of the ghee add almonds and cashews fry them for 1 min and keep a side.
- Now after 45 mins of marination process is done take a deep kadai add the chicken marinated in the kadai and add 6 tsp of oil &2 tsp of ghee and cook in low flame.
- On the other side on the stove take water in the bowl to cook the rice. First heat water and add cinammon-2 ,shageera-1/2 tsp,Bay leaves-2,eliachi-2 and salt.
- Now add the soaked rice and bring It to the boiling point once the rice was half boiled drain half of the cooking rice and add parallelly to the chicken that is being cooked on top as layers and leave the remaining rice to cook well. On top of it add the fried onions as a layer and then again add the remaining fully cooked rice on top of it as in whole it should look like layers of both chicken and rice
- Add cashews and almonds & coriander on top of it now Close the lid and let it steam for 30 mins on lower flame.
- After 30 mins take the rice from the side and check the cooking level.
- Biryani rice is ready to serve hot and enjoy the real homemade Hyderabadi dum ka biryani.
- While cleaning the chicken wash the chicken in salt water this makes chicken very soft and juicy
- Mix little amount of milk and saffron add this on top for nice flavour and colour instead of using food colour for garnishing.