Aloo Kurma is a very popular recipe in all parts of India. Wide variety of Dishes can be prepared with Aloo, which is also well known as Potatoes in South India. Aloo Kurma is considered to be most used among all aloo curry's, because it can be served most widely in different ways like - with rice, pulav, puris, chapatis or with parathas etc. Most of the people favorite Vegetarian item is Aloo Kurma Recipe. So for all the aloo curry lovers, Lets today discuss about the Spicy Aloo kurma recipe or potato peas curry that can be made in simple process.
Preparation Time - 10 Minutes
Cooking Time - 15 Minutes
Difficulty level - Easy
Aloo Kurma Recipe Ingredients:
|Chopped Potatoes - 4|
|Peas - ½ cup|
|Tomatoes - 3|
|Coconut Powder - 2 tsp|
|Chopped onion -1|
|Mustard seeds - ½ tsp|
|Cumin seeds - ½ tsp|
|Garam masala -2 tsp|
|Red Chili Powder - 2 tsp|
|Turmeric - One Pinch|
|Ginger and Garlic paste|
|Salt to taste|
Preparation of Spicy Aloo Kurma Curry :
- Take a pan and heat up some oil.
- Add mustard and cumin seeds. After you see them popping, add the chopped onions.
- Fry the onions till the color changes to golden brown.
- Now add ginger garlic paste to the onions and fry it for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and peas to it.
- After the tomatoes are well cooked, add cooked potatoes along with salt, red chilli powder, coconut powder, turmeric, garam masala.
- Add little bit of water to it.
- Stir well. Let it be cooked for 10-15 mins on medium flame.
- Keep stirring few times till the potatoes are well cooked.
- Finally, Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Hot spicy Aloo kurma is ready. Can be served with - rice or pulav or or puris or chapatis or parathas or rotis.