When I go to coastal areas especially sea shore areas I will every time think of my favourite sea food Prawns. Prawns are very soft and very royal food that dominates other sea food. Today we are going to see the real taste of curry made of prawns and cashew nuts which would be very tasty and I assure the day will be memorable to you with this curry. Preparation Step by Step procedure of Indian prawn Curry Recipe is described below.
Difficulty level: low difficulty
Serves : 4
Duration 30 mins
- Prawns - 250 Gms
- Cashews -50 gms
- 3 big size onions chopped into pieces
- 2 tspns ginger garlic paste
- Red chilli powder
- Cinnamon -1
- 2 tsp poppy seeds (Kaskas)
- Oil -5 tbsp
- 3 Green chillies cut as slices
- One fist full curry leaves
Procedure To Make Prawns Cashew Nut Curry :
- Take a non stick kadai and add oil in it. After oil got heated add onions and a pinch of salt. Fry the onions till you get golden brown colour.
- Now wash the prawns cleanly and add the prawns to the fried onions and put the flame in low.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook well for 10 mins by closing the lid.
- After 10 Minutes check the tenderness of the prawn, we should see that whether prawn is little soft and it is easy to separate. If not cook for other 2-5 minutes by closing lid.
- open the lid and fry the curry till all the water in the kadai gets evaporated
- Now put the following ingredients (cinnamon, cloves, elachi, poppy seeds, Little amount of water) into blender. Make it as a fine paste and add to the curry.
- After 5 mins add red chilli powder and salt, mix well till it gets nearly cooked. If it is cooked well now add the green chillies and fry for another 5-10 mins .
- In the meanwhile fry the cashews in the other pan either with ghee or oil and keep a side.
- Once the curry was cooked well add the cashews and curry leaves to the curry and fry for 1 min & off the stove.
- Serve hot with chapati/roti/rice/sambar. Enjoy the real taste of sea food..............
- Do not fry prawns in oil before as they turn to very hard.
- Do not cook in high and do not add water. Prawn consists of full water while cooking all the water from prawns would be enough to cook the curry. if required add 1/4 cup of water.