Gutti Vankaya curry is one of the top most curry in all south Indian recipes. As Chicken curry is top in Non veg, Gutti vankaya hold the same top place in vegetarian curries. Suits with all type of food items either with Roti/Rice/Pulkas. Try today differently with the brinjal curry and make your day most memorable. Preparation procedure of Gutti Vankaya Recipe is described below.
Complexity level : Low difficulty
Duration :30 mins
- 8(300 Gms) Small and round shaped brinjals.
- 2 Onions Grated
- 1 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 Tbsp Red chillli Powder
- cloves 2-3
- Cardamom pods(Elachi)-2
- Cinnamon 1-2 flakes
- 5 Tbsp of Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Poppy seeds (Kaskas)
- 1/4 bunch coriander chopped
- Oil 5 Tbsp
- Salt to taste
- 50 gms of cashews
- Keep kadai on stove take 1 tbsp of oil add fry onions till it turns to little golden brown in colour.
- off the stove and make it cool now take a grinder jar add fried onions ,ginger garlic paste,2 spns red chill powder and also add 2 cloves,2 eliachi ,1 cinnamon, seaseme seeds, poppy seeds and make into fine paste, add water if required during grinding lightly.
Gutti Vankay Curry Preparation:
- Wash and slit brinjals, making cross cuts a little more than half way.
- Add required Salt to the stuffing mixture and mix well evenly.
- Take each brinjal and stuff the above prepared mixture in the cross cuts and keep a side.
- Take a deep kadai vessel on stove and add 3 tbsp oil. After oil gets heated now slowly add the stuffed brinjals into kadai.
- If any mixture left after stuffing pour it on the brinjals in kadai to get gravy.
- Close the Kadai lid for 5- 6 mins on medium flame and after 2 mins open the lid. Add 1/4 cup water and close the lid back.
- After 5 mins roll the brinjals on the back side and repeat the same procedure for 2 more minutes.
- Now open the lid and check for the tenderness of the Brinjal and consistency of the Gravy cook up to your choice and off the stove.
- Fry Cashews separately in a pan and add the cashews to the Brinjal curry and sprinkle all coriander well chopped on it and serve hot.
After cutting brinjals do no leave outside, put the brinjals into water so that colour will not be changed.