One of the favourite South Indian dishes which is very famous and which deserves its own place in all the festivals as well in all the marriages & parties is punugulu pulusu. Which is also called as pesara punukulu pulusu. This is really very easy method and can be easily done in home. Try this special dish tonight and make your dinner special. Step By step procedure of Punugulu Pulusu Recipe is described below.
Difficulty level: Easy
Serves : 4
Prep time: 30 mins
A) For Punugulu :-
- Moong Dal (Green Gram split) - soaked for one hour.
- Ginger - 1
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying.
- Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
- green chillies -2
(B) For Pulusu :-
- Onions-2 Pieces finely Chopped
- Green Chillies - 4 Nos
- Tamarind Juice (1 Cup)
- Corriander leaves.
- Oil - 2 tsp
- 6 Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds, Curry leaves,Methi seeds - 1tsp each
- Dry Red Chillies- 1 No.
- Turmeric Powder, Curry Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Tomatoes - 2 Nos.
- Sugar - 1 tsp.
- Red chilli powder - 1 spoon
- turmeric powder-1 pinch
- Salt as required
Punukulu Pulusu Recipe Preparation method:
Punugulu Preparation Recipe:
- Take a Grinder add drained moongdal, ginger pieces, green chilly pieces and blend well.
- Add little water if required till it becomes smooth paste.
- Add salt, 1 pinch of baking powder to the blended moongdal paste and mix well.
- Take a deep kadai add oil in it and let it heat for few minutes now make small balls from paste and keep in kadai and fry till the balls turn into golden brown color.
Preparation of Punugulu Pulusu Recipe:
- Take a deep pan add 3 tbspn oil now add sliced onions, curry leaves, methi seeds, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chilly pieces and allow to fry till onions are nicely fried
- After onions got fried add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder.
- Add chopped tomatoes and close the lid for 2 mins after that add tamarind juice as required per taste.
- Now let it cook for 3-8 mins after the tamarind juice becomes little viscous now add the above prepared punugulu and cook it for few minutes.
- Now add 1 spoon sugar to it and finally add coriander pieces and close the lid for another 5 mins.
- Now off the stove and serve hot.