Gulab Jamun is one of the most favourite sweet item for Indian people, that tempts you with its delicious mouth watering taste. We bring you the Gulab Jamun recipe, that can be easily prepared with simple ingredients in less time. This tasty sweet can be prepared for many occasions like festivals, parties and etc. For all Gulab jamun lovers, i'm going to instruct you to prepare Gulab Jamun with Khoya in simple way. Follow the step by step procedure given below and make your own yummy Homemade Gulab Jamun Recipe.
Preparation Time: 20-30 Mins
Makes: 25 jamuns
- 1 cup of Khoya / Kova (unsweetened)
- Sugar - 1 & 1/2 cups
- Water - 1 & 1/2 cups
- Cooking Soda - 1/8 tsp
- Elachi/ cardamom-2
- Maida/ All purpose flour - 3 tblsp
- Oil/ vanaspathi/ Ghee - As need for deep frying
Tasty Gulab Jamun Recipe Preparation Procedure:
- Let the khoya be into room temperature if it is in a frozen state.
- Take a bowl and mix khoya, maida and cooking soda.
- Mix well.
- Now slowly add little water into the mixture and make smooth dough.
- Keep it aside for 10 mins.
- Now make the dough into equal sized balls.
- The balls should be made smooth. So handle them carefully
- Meanwhile prepare the sugar syrup by mixing water, sugar, powdered elachi and boil it for to 10 minutes under a medium flame.
- Take a round pan and fry the rolled jamuns.
- In a low lame fry the jamuns until they turn into golden brown color.
- Add hot syrup in to the jamuns.
- Let them soak well. Add essence lastly if according to your wish desired
- For essence you can add 2 drops of rose water(optional), but very few people prefer this tip.