Welcome to allrecipeszone.com. Egg tadka dal is a well known North Indian dish. It is best served with hot tandoori rotis, Kulchha or parathas. In fact you can treat this as your snack item too. This can be made by adding egg or chicken, with out these items it can be made as vegetarian recipe too. This recipe is an combination of mixed spices and it is very rich in taste. Let us know how to prepare Bengali style Egg Tadka Dal recipe in easy manner.
Cooking time: 20-30 Minutes
|Green Moong dal||500gms|
|Garlic||7 or 8 cloves (chopped)|
|Kasturi Methi (Fenugreek leaves)||1 tsp|
|Onion||3 large ones (chopped)|
|Green chili||4 (chopped)|
|Turmeric powder||1 teaspoon|
|Tomato||2 medium sizes (chopped)|
|Garam masala powder||1tsp|
|Cumin powder||1 tsp|
|Red chili powder||2 tsp|
|Ginger||2 tbsp (chopped)|
|Salt to taste||-|
|Coriander Leaves (Chopped)||-|
Egg Tadka Dal Recipe Preparation Process :
- Soak the dal in a beaker of water for an hour.
- Later boil it in a pressure cooker with salt & water for up to 2-3 whistles.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Scramble the eggs and Transfer it in a plate.
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil again, Add garlic and Saute it.
- Later add onion, ginger and salt.
- Fry the stuff about 2-3 mins until color changes to golden.
- Now add Green Chillis, Turmeric powder, Cumin powder and Red chili powder and fry for two to three minutes.
- Later add chopped tomato and green moong dal and mix them well.
- Add water about 3 cups and cook it for 4 -5 mins on minimum heat.
- Now add garam masala, kasturi Methi and finally butter.
- Garnish with scrambled egg and coriander leaves.
- Your Egg tadka dal is ready.