Chicken fried rice is very good option for Chinese food which can either be served as a main dish or side dish. Even though it is believed that the origin of fried rice was in the city of Yangzhou in eastern Jiangsu province, it is very much popular in other parts of the world like Asia to America, Australia, Western Europe and South Africa. It is also served most frequently in India. The making process is very easy and the taste is simply great. It is prepared from steamed rice along with sauce, vegetables, egg and chicken. Step By Step Spicy Chicken Fried Rice Recipe Preparation Procedure is described below.
- Cooked rice: 4 cups
- Chicken: 100 gm (cut into thin strips)
- Chopped beans: 1 cup
- Chopped carrots: 1 cup
- Green peas: 1/2 cup
- Chopped spring onions: 1 cup
- Chopped garlic: 8-10
- Eggs: 2 (more if desired)
- Chilli garlic sauce: 1 tbsp
- Dark soya sauce: 2 tbsp
- Oyster sauce: 1 tbsp
- Aginomoto or MSG (Mono sodium glutamate): 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- White pepper powder: 1 tsp
- Oil: 7 tbsp
Chicken Fried Rice Preparation Process:
- Take a big plate keep the steamed rice in it. Apply some oil to your hands and rub the rice to remove wetness. Keep it aside.
- In a dish pour 2 tbsp oil and heat. Now fry the chicken pieces till the color changes to golden brown (After completed keep in separate bowl).
- Heat 3-4 tbsp oil in the dish.
- Fry the chopped onions and garlic for 3 minutes till the color changes to slightly golden brown.
- Add chopped beans, carrots and peas in to the dish.
- Pour the fried egg mix in the dish.
- Mix the cooked vegetables and the fried egg pieces in the dish.
- Now add on the chicken pieces and mix thoroughly.
- Next add Chili garlic sauce, dark soya sauce and oyster sauce.
- Now add cooked rice and fry it for 4-5 minutes.
- Add salt (to requirement), pepper, MSG and spring onion and Mix it well.
- Delicious Chicken fried rice is now ready to serve.
- Add strips of fried egg to garnish.
- Use the rice without moisture.
- Use Basmati rice because it is less sticky than other types of rice.
- Rice should not be overcooked.
- Use any vegetables of your choice.