One of the favourite dish which most of the people prefer for festivals was rice payasam also well known as Cardamom Rice pudding (parvanam). All time favourite dish for any fun full occasion. It is really very tasty, delicious and mouth watering. Now it is really time to prepare it for the coming festival, enjoy it . Here is the easy way to prepare the Paal Payasam / Rice payasam Recipe.
Prep time: 30 mins
- 1/2 cup rice washed and drained
- 1/2 cup jaggery
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 lit milk
- 1/4 tspn cardamon powder
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 10-12 cashews
Rice Payasam Recipe Procedure:
- First, heat ghee in kadai add the dry fruits and roast them till golden brown. remove them from pan.
- Now take a vessel add the jaggery and add little amount of water and keep in simmer and allow jaggery to melt and stir well till you get light string consistency.
- Now stop the flame and cool the jaggery juice.
- Take another vessel add 1/2 litre milk, 1/4 cup water and boil them in low flame now add the rice to the boiling milk.
- cook well until the rice got completely cooked in milk and turns as soft and gets thick.
- Now remove from heat and cool.
- once cooled add the jaggery to the cooked rice and stir well and also add cardamon powder and add all the dry fruits which are roasted earlier.
- serve hot or cool and enjoy the sweet flavour.
- Add 1/4 cup of sugar if you like more sweet.
- Also add more dry fruits like almonds and pista to have very good taste.